This free resource will help you undertake structured quality improvement for cancer screening in your practice.
This toolkit can be used to help you meet the requirements for the Practice Incentives Program Quality Improvement Incentive.
Research shows that strong primary health care involvement is associated with greater cancer screening participation rates. In particular, the following primary health care activities have led to higher participation rates:
- having a GP endorse an invitation to take a screening test
- use of recall and reminder systems
- participation in quality improvement programs, incorporating audit and feedback on screening.
The workbook can be used by practices and individual professionals as evidence for:
GPs can be eligible for 40 RACGP Accredited Activity CPD points (formerly Cat 1 points) by undertaking activities in this booklet.
Speak to your relationship manager or contact our Workforce, Education and Training team for assistance, and for information on CPD requirements and process. Email email@example.com or call (03) 9347 1188.
This resource has been developed as part of the community-led cancer screening program, which aims to increase early detection of bowel, cervical and breast cancer by strengthening workforce capacity within primary care settings and targeted community-led interventions.
Innovation in Cancer Screening workshop (video recordings)
We recently worked with eight practices from the Brimbank and Wyndham regions on an intensive quality improvement project to improve their approach to cancer screening.
This included supporting them to plan and undertake activities to improve recall and reminder processes and increase promotion of national bowel, cervical and breast screening programs.
Video recordings cover:
- Community-led cancer screening: A quality improvement perspective (21 min)
- Cervical cancer screening (25 min)
- Improving colorectal cancer screening (25 min)
- Screening for breast cancer (35 min)
- Quality improvement and cancer screening – summary (7 min)
Also see the full transcript of the videos.