NWMPHN uses CAT4, part of the CAT Plus software package from Pen CS, to view and analyse practice data.
CAT4 supports general practice teams to achieve data-driven quality improvement. It helps practice staff understand their patient cohort and derive actionable insights aligned with accreditation, RACGP guidelines, best practice and the Practice Incentives Program Quality Improvement Incentive.
CAT4 allows users to create interactive and user-friendly charts and reports that can help the practice team interpret clinical and quality improvement measures. These reports allow practices to perform tasks such as:
- review the consistency of appropriate data coding by clinical staff within the practice
- review accreditation indicators such as the recording of allergies and smoking status as per the RACGP Standards
- review MBS item claiming to identify missing business opportunities
- monitor immunisation rates for children, adolescents, and adults, as well as for influenza, and identify at-risk patients who are overdue for specific immunisations so that they can be recalled
- manage chronic disease including diabetes (through the Diabetic Cycle of Care), COPD, asthma, heart disease and mental health conditions.
CAT4 can assist practice teams to identify priority areas, set realistic goals and accurately monitor and measure quality improvement activities. The software empowers practices to make data-driven decisions about current and future health initiatives and services that are relevant to the practice’s demographic profile.
CAT4 works alongside practice management and billing software and is compatible with MedicalDirector, Pracsoft, Best Practice, Zedmed, Genie, Medtech, practiX, Communicare, MMEX, PCIS and others.