My Health Record
My Health Record is a secure online summary of a person’s health information.
Health care providers authorised by their health care organisation and involved in a patient’s care can view and add information.
The system gives primary care providers access to timely information about their patients, such as:
- hospital discharge summaries
- shared health summaries from a patient’s previous regular GP
- event summaries from a patient’s interactions with a different GP, such as a GP at an after-hours service
- prescription and dispense records
- pathology and diagnostic imaging reports.
The My Health Record system helps to:
- avoid adverse drug events
- enhance patient self-management
- improve patient outcomes
- reduce time spent gathering patient information
- avoid duplication of tests and services.
How can we help?
We have resources to help health care providers connect to the My Health Record system, and can also help with education and training to use the system effectively.
Quick steps for providers to get started
- Read the registration process overview.
- Go through the organisation readiness checklist.
- Attend education sessions and webinars on My Health Record. Upcoming sessions are listed on the My Health Record website and on our events page.
- Register your practice for My Health Record.
- Develop your understanding of how to access and use My Health Record by reviewing clinical software simulators and demonstrations.
- Review common misconceptions about My Health Record, especially privacy and security concerns.