Immunisation is a safe and effective way of protecting people against harmful diseases. We can help protect individuals, vulnerable populations and the wider community by enabling and promoting vaccination against preventable diseases.
How we can help
We support primary health care providers to increase immunisation rates by providing:
- local clinical and referral information on HealthPathways Melbourne
- advice on schedule updates and changes to immunisation programs
- education sessions and webinars on immunisation
- support with reporting to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- assistance to maintain high standards of cold-chain management in accordance with the National Guidelines to ensure vaccine efficacy
- mobile influenza services for hard-to-reach populations
- increased public awareness for immunisation through our Immunise Melbourne campaigns.
Useful apps for GPs
- Vicvax: Quick view of the Victorian immunisation schedule for all ages and links to special risk groups. Currently under review.
- Australian Immunisation Handbook: Now available for iOS and Android.
- HealthPathways Melbourne: Immunisation
- Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services Immunisation Program
- Australian Government Department of Health Immunisation Information
- Australian Immunisation Handbook
- Australian Immunisation Handbook – Catch up calculator
- Melbourne Vaccination Education Centre
- Australian Immunisation Register for Health Professionals
- National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance
For immunisation support from us, please contact our Primary Health Care Improvement team on 03 9347 1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For clinical advice, please contact the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services Immunisation Section on 1300 882 008 or email email@example.com