Oak Park Medical Centre is offering a casual position for a Junior Medical Receptionist to join our friendly family-owned medical centre. We are committed to providing quality healthcare services to support the local community and visitors to the area. With nursing support, pathology and Allied Health Professionals on site to help provide the best medical care for our patients. Training will be provided.
- Monday 2:00 PM – 6:00PM
- Wednesday 2:00 PM – 6:00PM
- Thursday 2:00 PM – 6:00PM
- Friday 1:00 PM – 6:00PM
• Welcoming and greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
• Direct billing to Medicare, private health, work cover & TAC claims.
• Processing payments.
• Booking and managing appointments.
• General administration and office duties.
• Liaising with hospitals, medical practices and specialist clinics.
• Maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal financial information.
• Providing general assistance to support the doctors and clinical staff.
• Great customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Great team player.
• Open/close the practice.
The successful candidate will have:
• At least 1 year of experience
• Strong customer service and people skills – highly motivated with a positive attitude
• A pleasant and polite telephone manner
• Good computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Medical Director and Pracsoft software
• Ability to multi-task, to work independently and in a team
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Well presented, friendly and efficient with attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.