Allied Health Providers
Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
An evening update on Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in general practice
Murray PHN and VHHITAL invite GPs and the primary health care team to attend an evening update on Gonorrhoea, Syphilis,Chlamydia and PrEP in general practice.
Facilitated by Dr Nick Medland, Consultant Sexual Health Physician at Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, and Nurse Practitioner Peter Strange, this session aims to update healthcare professionals on syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia and PrEP in primary practice.
- Identify at-risk patients to screen, take a sexual history and test for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Describe the clinical presentation of gonorrhoea, syphilis and chlamydia
- Correctly perform testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis
- Manage patient treatment, contact tracing and referrals for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Identify patients for pre-exposure prophylaxis and initiate treatment, monitor renal function and screen for STIs and HIV appropriately