This session, hosted by Dr Elizabeth Rose, a paediatric otolaryngology surgeon, will help GPs improve their knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of children presented with sleep disordered breathing. It will also cover how to maximise medical therapy, determine when to refer, and the most appropriate referral pathways, including referral thresholds.
- Presentation slides (part 1)
- Presentation slides (part 2)
- The Sleep Health Foundation: www.sleephealthfoundation.org.au/check-list/children-and-sleep.html
- Raising Children Network has videos and educational materials on managing night feeds, dummies and implementing camping out and controlled comforting: www.raisingchildren.net.au
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne has examples of sleep diaries: www.rch.org.au/genmed/clinical_resources
- The RACGP’s Handbook of non-drug interventions (HANDI) has links to an online training program (one hour, RACGP accredited) in evidence-based management of infant sleep problems, with parent education materials translated into eight languages: www.racgp.org.au/your-practice/guidelines/handi/interventions/children/behavioural-interventions-for-infant-sleep-problems-and-maternal-mood