Important regulatory changes effective from 2 July 2018:
To ensure complete and accurate data is recorded in SafeScript, the following is required:
- Prescribers to include the patients date of birth on all prescriptions for medicines monitored through the system
- Pharmacists to ensure the patient’s date of birth is recorded in the patient’s dispensing record relating to a monitored medicine
- All community pharmacies that have not activated the connection with a prescription exchange service need to contact their software vendor
Registration information for access to SafeScript:
- Online registration for access to SafeScript will open later this year
- The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency recently sent an email to all Victorian registered practitioners providing information about the registration process. Provided that you have not unsubscribed, you will receive an email closer to implementation with instructions and a link to online registration
- It will also be possible to manually register for the system through the web portal.
- For more information, contact the SafeScript implementation team: email@example.com / (03) 9096 5633
For further information on Safescript, including technical support visit the health.vic website.