The National Cancer Screening Register collects patient information in accordance with the following Acts:
- Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles)
- National Cancer Screening Register Act 2016 (the NCSR Act)
Healthcare providers can use the National Cancer Screening Register to:
- Check a patient’s screening history and reminders
- Check and update a patient’s personal details
- Manage a patient’s participation in the National Cervical Screening Program
Health care providers can call the Register on 1800 627 701 for their patient’s complete national record. For test results contact your pathology laboratory. Further information refer to the Quick Start Guide for Healthcare Providers.
There are strict rules around access to the information and how the information is stored on the Register, which ensure it is only used for intended purposes.
For more information please contact the Primary Care in Practice team at North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network on (03) 9347 1188 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Department of Health. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.