The online course, ‘Promoting Participation in the National Immunisation Program’ is usually $95, but The Benchmarque Group are offering it for free until 1 January 2022.
The Promoting Participation in the National Immunisation program aims to expand student’s knowledge and skills required to support a change of practice within their health organisation.
On completion of the program students will have the skills and knowledge to work directly with patients, clients, families and communities to provide advice and encouragement to ultimately improve immunisation rates for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
The program is designed to provide students with a deeper understanding of how to communicate with and support change of practice within their workplace, encouraging colleagues and peers to support practices to be changed or modified to make immunisation activities more conducive to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Establishing a positive relationship with the client
- Basic aspects of public health and immunisation
- Basic aspects of the global health impact of communicable diseases
- Key features of vaccine preventable diseases including how vaccines work and herd immunity
- The National Immunisation Program (NIP) Schedule and client eligibility for vaccination.
For more information, please contact The Benchmarque Group on 1300 855 568, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This article was provided by The Benchmarque Group. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.