The Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA) have published the Digital Health Specialist Toolkit at specialist-toolkit.digitalhealth.gov.au
This toolkit will assist the growing number of medical specialists who are using digital health tools such as My Health Record, electronic prescriptions, secure messaging and telehealth platforms. It includes fact sheets, how-to guides, videos, FAQs and continuing professional development modules for specialists.
The toolkit was developed following extensive consultation with:
- The Australian Medical Association
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Association of Practice Management
- The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
It is designed to support specialists and their practice teams to adopt digital health tools and become digital health ambassadors for their patients.
Support is available for medical specialists
We can support specialists:
- by visiting your practice and offering virtual, phone and email support to answer your questions, queries and concerns
- by helping you to register for, connect to and use My Health Record, electronic prescriptions and pathology eRequesting via the PRODA and HPOS portals
- by providing webinars and other education events for your practice staff, including both formal training and informal lunch and learn sessions.
Please contact our Primary Health Care Improvement Team on 03 9347 1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance with the above digital health initiatives.