Allied Health Providers
Health and Social Service providers
Allied Health Practitioners
Mental Health Worker
Continuing Professional Development
2 CPD Activity points available
An update from Headspace practitioners in conversation with GPs to illustrate the current situation with access to services for young people with mental health issues. A detailed discussion regarding referral processes, treatment options and supports available to young people and their families will be outlined by staff working at Headspace, including the GP perspective.
GPs will be able to inform young people about what to expect when a referral is made to Headspace and will also be able to recommend the use of the online supports available via e Headspace.
Dr Sonya Morrisey, a GP working at Headspace will provide a case study that provides discussion points for triage of referrals, the role of the access team and other resources available at Headspace centres.
The session will be facilitated by a Consultant Psychiatrist (Dr Arthur Kokkinias) and GP (Dr Dina Georgopoulos) working in public mental health with ample time for questions and discussion
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Prepare an effective referral with the information required for access to mental health services at Headspace under a Mental Health Treatment plan
- Describe the supports available to young people at Headspace Centres and via E Headspace
- Explain what to expect from services to families and support them in the use of resources available to them whilst waiting to be seen by a health care provider
- Dr Sonya Morrissey, GP
- Facilitator: Dr Dina Georgopoulos, GP Inner West Area Mental Health Service
- Dr Arthur Kokkinias, Consultant Psychiatrist Inner West Area Mental Health Service
- Dr Claudio Villella, GP Advisor Headspace National