A 6:1 ratio of participants to educators allows you to apply your new knowledge in a practical setting. Bring your own spirometer or use the demonstration devices.
- Danny Brazzale, Respiratory Scientist
- Mahesh Dharmakumara, Respiratory Scientist
- Bernadette Flanagan, Asthma Educator.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the role of spirometry in primary care
- Develop practical skills to recognise and perform high quality spirometry
- Understand interpretation and clinical implications of spirometry results, including differential diagnosis
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of spirometer quality assurance and its implementation
- Increase confidence in performing, understanding and implementing spirometry.
Allocated 40 Category 1 points in the RACGP QI&CPD Program, Activity # 95776. Accredited by APNA for CPD points for nurses; ACRRM # 7813 allocated 30 CPD points. Participants will be required to complete pre-reading.
Registration 8.30 -8.45am
Session 8.45 - 3.45pm
Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided
Please note this training is restricted to General Practitioners and Registered Nurses