A/Prof Kathy McMahon
A / Prof Kathy McMahon is the Clinical Director of Paediatrics and Special Care Nursery at Werribee Mercy Hospital. Kathy is the Chairperson of the Director of Paediatric group for Victoria and is heavily involved with Safercare being the Chairperson of the Insight group, on the Paediatric expert working group for Covid and a Member of the Paediatric Governance group for the Paediatric Clinical Network.
Dr Raffaela Armiento
Raffaela is a General Paediatrician at Werribee Mercy Hospital and works in quality improvement at the Royal Children’s Hospital. She previously worked as a tutor at the University of Melbourne. Raffaela is a member of the RACP Curriculum Advisory and Education Technology Development groups, committed to improving physician training and holds a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education.
Learning outcomesLearning objectives:
- Define and list symptoms of chronic constipation
- Apply non-pharmacological practices in the management of chronic constipation
- Discuss pharmacological management of chronic constipation
- Differentiate between IgE and non IgE reactions
- Identify red flags and when to refer