Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
Are you HEPReady?
- Over 100,000 Victorians live with chronic viral hepatitis.
- More than 1 in 4 Australians need support for their liver health.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver disease is dramatically increasing.
Does your work include helping people who have or are at risk of hepatitis or other liver conditions?
Get the Essentials!
HEPReady® is a suite of training courses developed for community and health workers to further knowledge of, and take the fear away from, viral hepatitis and other liver conditions. The online HEPReady® Essentials accredited course is designed for health and community workers who want a comprehensive overview of viral hepatitis and liver health. The training features a lived experience speaker and is designed to combat stigma and discrimination around viral hepatitis and correcting myths and misconceptions that can trigger misinformation.
HEPReady® Essentials is endorsed by the Australian Primary Healthcare Nurses Association (APNA) and attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion. On completing HEPReady® Essentials you will receive 3.0 continuing professional education (CPE) points.
This training has two components:
1. Interactive online webinar led by LiverWELL trainers: This 2.5-hour session covers various aspects of viral hepatitis and liver health, including:
- Functions of the liver
- Overview of liver diseases
- Viral hepatitis and disease progression
- Hepatitis A, B and C: prevalence, transmission, risky behaviour, testing and treatment
- Lived experience speaker
- Stigma and discrimination
- COVID-19 and liver health
- Case studies: conducting sensitive conversations with patients
2. Self-paced learning through our online portal: Attendees will be given access to our online learning portal equipped with additional educational resources and materials (pre-reading).
Date: 22nd April 2021
Venue: Online via Zoom
Time: 9:30 am – 12 pm
Cost: $60 (inclusive of GST).
Invoices will be emailed to individual/business.
Registrations close on 21 April
This event is hosted by LiverWELL incorporating Hepatitis Victoria, LiverWELL incorporating Hepatitis Victoria is the peak not-for-profit community organisation working across the state for people affected by or at risk of viral hepatitis and liver disease. We also offer bespoke workforce training presentations, tailored to your organisation’s needs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 03 9274 9796 to ask about our HEPReady® courses.