Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
This 3 hour webinar is for anyone who may have to work with individuals who may be angry and potentially aggressive.
The aims of the training are to assist the participants to develop their skills in keeping themselves safe and in defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive.
This webinar will cover:
- Managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances
- Minimising risk
- Legal issues
- Guidelines for managing difficult situations
- General principles for managing difficult behaviour
- Dealing with individuals according to their different anger triggers
- Communication skills and strategies for defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive.
- Important Issues to consider when planning how to respond to people who may be aggressive
Detailed notes will be provided to all participants.
Presenter - David Cherry
David Cherry is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for over 40 years. David has provided training for over 20,000 people in agencies all around Australia, assisting staff to learn how to keep themselves safe in difficult situations and develop their skills in defusing situations where individuals may become aggressive. David and his colleagues have run training for Code Grey teams in hospitals. David’s book entitled Managing Violent and Potentially Violent Situations-A Guide for Individuals and Organisations, which he co-wrote with Bronwyn Upston, has been distributed to 4000 emergency relief providers Australia-wide.
Cost: $198.00 (inc GST).
For all enquires, please contact David Cherry: email@example.com