Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
Fracture Management and Casting aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to assist people with an orthopaedic condition to regain optimal functional and lifestyle. The program includes a one day face-to-face workshop, in-class activities assessed by a qualified assessor and online assessment completed via accessIQ.
Cost: $375 (inc. GST)
The face-to-face workshop involves lecture and practical workshop activities, including:
- anatomy and physiology of the musculoskeletal system
- fracture classification and categories
- fracture and healing phases
- emergency fracture management
- complications associated with orthopaedic trauma
- splinting, casting and immobilisation products and equipment
- immobilsation casting and splinting techniques
- principles of cast valving
- post-cast application management
- principles of cast removal.