SEMPHN together with VHHITAL invite GPs and sexual health clinicians to attend an evening update on Gonorrhoea, Syphilis,Chlamydia and PrEP in general practice.
Facilitated by Dr Nick Medland, Consultant Sexual Health Physician at Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, and Dr Vinita Rane, Consultant Sexual Health Physician at Monash Health, this session aims to update and inform healthcare professionals who may see syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia in primary practice.
- Identify at-risk patients to screen, take a sexual history and test for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Describe the clinical presentation of gonorrhoea, syphilis and chlamydia
- Correctly perform testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis
- Manage patient treatment, contact tracing and referrals for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Identify patients for pre-exposure prophylaxis and initiate treatment, monitor renal function and screen for STIs and HIV appropriately