Health and Social Service providers
Allied Health Practitioners
Alcohol and Other Drug Worker
Mental Health Worker
Continuing Professional Development
3 x RACGP CPD Activity points
Join this series of bi-annual events, which will bring together professionals from general practice, mental health and drug and alcohol services, hospitals and the family violence sector to foster interdisciplinary and cross-sector learning and pathway development.
This local event will be facilitated by practicing GP and educator, Dr Jennifer Neil, and will include:
- An update on the new Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and legal aspects arising from family violence, presented by Victoria Legal Aid.
- An expert panel case discussion and Q&A, featuring panelists from The Royal Children's Hospital, St Vincent's Hospital, Caring Dads and North Western Mental Health.
- Facilitated networking with local general practices, hospitals, mental health, drug and alcohol and family and domestic violence services.
Is this the right session for me?
This session is designed for the northern area of the NWMPHN catchment, covering Brimbank, Darebin, Hume and Macedon Ranges.
For the western area (Hobson's Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moorabool and Wyndham) event on April 20, click here.
For the central area (Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Moreland and Yarra) on April 28, click here.
While you are welcome to attend any of the events, we would encourage you to attend the one most relevant to the geographic area of your work to optimise your learning and networking outcomes.
By the end of this session you will:
- Have improved skills and confidence to recognise, respond and refer for family violence
- Understand multidisciplinary roles in managing family violence
- Know the local players – what local services are available and who to refer to/who your referrers are