Increase the confidence of your practice team to identify and respond to family violence
About this activity
Use the QI template below to boost your practice team’s ability to identify and respond to family violence.
- Discuss the practice’s approach to family violence and review our resources at a clinical meeting.
- Consider developing an internal family violence policy outlining the practice’s approach, and the roles and responsibilities of your team.
- Introduce training for all new staff members such as the RACGP’s Family Violence GP Education Program or the Safer Families Centre’s Readiness Program.
- Consider inviting a family violence worker from your local Orange Door service to come to the practice, provide education and discuss available services.
- Provide an overview and update your practice with resources and referral options such as:
- Add family violence case discussion into your regular (clinical) team meetings.
Download the QI template below for more resources and improvement ideas.
Download a template for this activity
Complete the form below to download the QI template and examples for this activity.