Increase cervical screening rates in your practice
About this activity
Use the QI template below to increase cervical screening and meet the requirements for the PIP QI Incentive.
Note: From 1 July 2022, National Cervical Screening Program (NCSP) expanded screening test options, offering self-collection as a choice to all people participating in cervical screening. The change means all NCSP participants aged 25 to 74 years old have the choice to screen using either a self-collected vaginal sample or a clinician collected sample from the cervix, accessed through a health professional in both cases.
This activity can be used for both clinician-collected and self-collected samples.
- Use Pen CAT4 to pull the list of eligible patients who have not had a cervical screen or are overdue for a cervical screen.
- Identify specific groups to provide a more tailored approach.
- Raise awareness of cervical screening and your quality improvement activity using social media and posters.
- Use action prompts or Topbar to alert clinicians when a patient is due for cervical screening.
- Use prompt cards at reception to prompt patients to discuss cervical screening with their GP.
Download the QI template below for more improvement ideas.
Download a template for this activity
Complete the form below to download the QI template and examples for this activity.