Identify people due for bowel cancer screening
About this activity
Use the QI template below to improve bowel cancer screening rates.
- Identify eligible patients in Pen CAT4.
- Check the National Bowel Cancer Screening Register to exclude patients who have a bowel screening result recorded in the past 2 years.
- Invite the identified patients in for a discussion about bowel screening and how to order and use a self-collection kit.
- Add an alert/action prompt or on-screen comment to prompt clinicians to discuss bowel screening with identified patients.
- Conduct a ‘blitz’ by giving patients aged 50 to 74 a card at reception to prompt discussion about bowel screening.
Download the QI template below for more improvement ideas.
Download a template for this activity
Complete the form below to download the QI template and examples for this activity.