The Australian Government has announced that it is mandatory under the Australian Immunisation Register Act 2015 to report all COVID-Vaccine encounters to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
From July 2021, it will be mandatory for all immunisation encounters to be uploaded.
You can record information on the AIR:
- using your practice management software
- by direct upload using Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) on the AIR website. A Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account is required for this method
- using the Australian Digital Health Agency’s newly developed Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform to support direct upload of an individual’s vaccination to the AIR at the site of administration.
More information on accessing the AIR and preparing your practice to administer COVID-19 vaccines is available on our website.
Covid-19 vaccination status to be available through My Health Record
The Australian Digital Health Agency has recently upgraded the My Health Record system to support the Australian Government’s COVID-19 vaccination program. This includes:
- an on-screen alert for the second COVID-19 vaccination due date (if the first vaccination has been given)
- immunisation history from the AIR and the individual’s record (currently available within shared health summaries and event summaries) that can be filtered by source
This information is available in the immunisation view of the My Health Record National Provider Portal.
For those accessing the immunisation view through a clinical information system (such as Best Practice, MedicalDirector, Genie or Zedmed) the information will still be available in the Medicare Overview.
Are you yet to register for My Health Record?
Health care professionals looking to get ready and register for My Health Record can view an overview diagram or follow the following steps.
- Register for PRODA and link to HPOS.
- Registering your organisation for My Health Record using HPOS.
- Request and download NASH PKI Organisation Certificate.
- Obtain all the HPI-I’s of your colleagues in your organisation (if they wish to use My Health Record).
- Speak to your software vendor to have My Health Record access enabled.
Does your practice need assistance?
Please contact the Primary Health Care Improvement team if you need assistance on 03 9347 1188 or email@example.com