Healthcare professionals and support staff are requested to transition to access the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) site using Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) and an individual Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account. Access to the AIR site using authentication files will be switched off soon.
PRODA is an online identity verification and authentication system and allows healthcare professionals to securely access government online services. Once a PRODA account is established, a number of services can be accessed, including HPOS and the AIR. Depending on the type of user, these services can be accessed either as an individual; a delegate of an individual or as a member of an organisation.
The Services Australia website provides further information and instructions on:
- PRODA access and registration as an individual and an organisation
- Linking HPOS to your PRODA account and accessing the AIR
Important note: If your organisation has already registered to use HPOS to access the AIR site, Authentication Files should not be used and must be deleted from practice personal computers. Accessing the AIR site using HPOS provides improved security features designed to provide appropriate control over access to an individual’s immunisation records. An Authentication File is deleted in the same way that a document or other file is deleted eg. (if using Microsoft, right click on file, select delete, select Yes ).
- Supporting and understanding delegations in HPOS to enable access to the Australian Immunisation Register
- User guide: Accessing AIR using PRODA for Individuals (link not directly available to immunisation providers; download document from PHN ISP website)
- User guide: Accessing AIR using PRODA for Organisations (link not directly available to immunisation providers; download document from PHN ISP website)