Cancer Council Victoria’s new RACGP accredited module – Talking to patients about health and weight – will help health practitioners effectively engage in conversations about health and weight with patients, as part of routine care.
In this 60-minute online module, you will learn how to:
- identify the personal and environmental factors that lead to weight gain
- summarise the most recent scientific evidence of the link between weight gain and cancer risk
- choose motivating and non-stigmatising language in conversations about weight with patients
- routinely apply best practice methods to assess patient weight and support patients to achieve a healthy weight
- recall the resources available to help you provide healthy lifestyle advice and support to patients.
To enrol, visit cancervic.org.au/healthyweight/gps-and-health-professionals
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Cancer Council Victoria. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.