The new Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s (JKWC) at Sunshine Hospital is scheduled to open on Wednesday, 15 May, 2019. With it are some important changes to referral forms and contact details for you to update in your database.
The following changes have been updated on HealthPathways Melbourne. If you do not have access to HealthPathways please contact email@example.com.
General enquiries for Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s (new number)
Phone: 03 9055 2000
Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department
- All paediatric, neonatal and gynaecology emergencies are to present to the Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department.
- Pregnant Women > 16 weeks gestation with pregnancy-related complaints are to present directly to the JKWC Maternity Assessment Centre at Sunshine Hospital (24-hour service).
- Pregnant women < 16 completed weeks gestation are to present directly to the Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department.
Women’s AND Paediatrics Specialist Clinics (merged and changed fax number)
Phone: 03 8345 1727
Fax: 03 9055 2125
New regional maternity referral form (new form with updated numbers) – also available for Best Practice, Medical Director and ZedMed
Western Health – Maternity services
Updated generic referral form (some updates to content with new numbers) – also available for Best Practice, Medical Director and ZedMed
Please ensure you update all contact details and referral forms as above.
- This comprehensive brochure includes further information about service updates.
- The key contacts flyer includes a list of most useful telephone and fax numbers.
Both of these can be printed and made available in your clinic rooms.
Western Health strongly encourages the use of the maternity and generic referral form templates as they include all relevant tests and investigations and can be downloaded directly from your practice software. Please also review our specialist clinics directory before referring your patient to ensure you have included all information outlined in our new and developing referral guidelines.
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Western Health. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.