Immunisation is an essential health service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Immunisation providers must maintain routine immunisation services and ensure on-time vaccination according to the current recommended schedules. These routine services include:
- infant and early childhood immunisation sessions providing the National Immunisation Program (NIP) schedule vaccines
- adolescent vaccination for catch-up of NIP vaccines
- influenza vaccination program
- adult vaccination for provision of NIP vaccines
- provision of additional recommended vaccines as required.
The ATAGI Guiding Principles for maintaining immunisation services during COVID-19 pandemic provides further information for immunisation providers and is available on the Australian Government Department of Health website.