20 December 2020
The Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) at Royal Melbourne Hospital supports people with a disability their families and carers to utilise hospital services and access the support, care and treatment they need. The DLO is a point of reference, advice and guidance for members of staff, patients, carers within hospital setting about disability issues and supports. The service has a strong focus on making sure people with a disability can access screening and treatment for COVID-19 and can also facilitate access to non-COVID-19 services directly or indirectly impacted by the health emergency.
What Disability Liaison Officers do:
- Support all people with a disability, their families and carers to access all services across Melbourne Health and their usual health services
- Work with health care teams to provide safer, accessible and more inclusive care during your hospital stay and outpatient clinic appointments
- Assist with accessing services such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Be the point of contact for patients, specialist disability accommodation (SDA) providers, family and carers for inpatient and outpatient services
- Provide Information and support for inpatient teams regarding individuals care needs in hospital and at home
- Support for people with a disability, their families and carers in accessing assessment and/or treatment for COVID-19.
If you have a person with a disability who has special needs and would benefit from some assistance accessing our health services, please let us know.
Disability Liaison Officers contact information:
Service operates Monday to Friday.
Phone: 0468 567 553