A low intensity mental health service is supporting staff in residential aged care facilities (RACFs) across the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN) catchment.
The service is available for people who do not currently access mental health services and/or do not have access to an Employee Assistance Program through their workplace. NWMPHN commissioned APMHA Healthcare to deliver this service from January 2021.
Services offered by this program are still available to any RACF in the NWMPHN catchment. Services include:
- Onsite and telehealth support for mental health impacts on the RACF workforce resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in RACFs.
- A range of group and individual mental health interventions to support aged care workers to develop coping strategies, including opportunities for one-on-one counselling and group debriefing sessions.
- Workshops and resources to improve their mental health literacy and skills to recognise mental health and wellbeing concerns in themselves and others.
- Access to referrals to alternative supports if required.
To access this service, facilities or staff can:
- visit the Staff Access and Wellbeing Program (SWAP) webpage: apmha.com.au/swap
- simply call 0456 969 934 to speak to APMHA’s friendly staff about your needs between 9:00am – 5:00pm (Mon – Fri)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com