Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
Wound Management: Advanced Practice aims to expand the knowledge and skills required in the assessment, management and prevention of wounds in a primary health care environment including community-based, educational, occupational and informal settings and in general practice.
The program includes an and a half-day face-to face workshop, workplace observed practice, and an online assessment completed via accessIQ. On successful completion students will receive a nationally accredited statement of attainment for the unit HLTENN006 (Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting).
Cost: $390 (inc. GST)
BEFORE BOOKING A WORKSHOP: Please note, students need to complete Wound Management: Foundations and Principles program ($95 price included in total cost above) before being able to book this workshop.
Upon successful completion of the Wound Management learning pathway, students should have the skills and knowledge to enable them to:
- Accurately identify wound types
- Apply appropriate wound assessment methods to clinical practice
- Identify chronic wound features and associated clinical features including interpretation of wound terminology
- Identify and perform appropriate wound cleansing and debridement methods
- Obtain a compliant wound swab culture using best practice methods
- Make informed appropriate choices of wound dressings based on accurate wound assessment
- Use appropriate documentation and report writing methods to provide patient education, and consistent and ongoing care.