This free workshop is part of a Victorian Department of Health program to prepare health professionals for the thunderstorm asthma season.The workshop will cover:
• What is thunderstorm asthma?
• Who is at risk?
• What to do if thunderstorm asthma is forecast;
• Asthma management;
• Asthma action plans;
• Acute asthma;
• Asthma and allergies.
Western Centre for Health Research and Education, Sunshine Hospital
76 Furlong Road,
St Albans, VIC 3021
Werribee Football Club, Chirnside Park
220 Watton St
Werribee, VIC 3030
Learning outcomes• Describe the phenomena of thunderstorm asthma;
• Define who is at greater risk of thunderstorm asthma;
• Apply current, evidence–based best practice of asthma and allergic rhinitis to professional practice;
• Describe the importance and use of written asthma action plans;
• Implement emergency asthma management and asthma first aid.