• Dr John Moi | Rheumatologist - Royal Melbourne Hospital
• A/Professor Malcolm Hogg | Pain Management Specialist - Royal Melbourne Hospital
• Mr Adam De Gruchy | Physiotherapist - Royal Melbourne Hospital
• A/Professor Patsy Robertson | Radiologist - Royal Melbourne Hospital
• Mr Sach Fernando | Lawyer and WorkCover Expert
• Mr Yashwant Rathi | Physiotherapist - Merri Health
Learning outcomes1. Conduct an assessment of acute and chronic back pain that includes a review of red flag symptoms and clinical indications for imaging.
2. Interpret the findings of a structured back examination, including provocative tests and targeted neurological examination of the lower limbs.
3. Assess the benefits of non-pharmacological management of nonspecific back pain and recognise the role of allied health professionals.
4. Implement a system for the monitoring of prescribing, de-prescribing, managing permits, managing medication interactions and screening for adverse effects.
5. Apply the principles of effective return to work planning and produce appropriate WorkSafe documentation.