These pathways aim to reduce unwarranted variation in paediatric care across the state, to reduce unnecessary presentations to emergency departments, and to support GPs and other clinicians in the process. They will be available on all HealthPathways sites across Victoria and cover paediatric Gastrointestinal, Respiratory, Allergy, ENT, Neurology and the Unwell Child conditions of low complexity and high volume.
This project has been a huge collaborative effort supported by Safer Care Victoria’s (SCV) Victorian Paediatric Clinical Network (VPCN) and the Victorian Primary Health Network Alliance (VPHNA), involving over 100 GPs, clinicians and project staff across Victoria.
Join us to learn how these dynamic pathways can truly make GPs and clinicians’ lives easier in dealing with common paediatric conditions and celebrate everyone’s collaborative efforts.
Refreshments and light dinner provided
- Education and interactive learning for the published statewide pathways on HealthPathways.
- Education session on the management of constipation in children, with a case study and following the statewide pathway.
- Education and management session on wheeze in a child 1-5 years and what's new in Asthma management.
- Education and management session on Adverse Food Reaction in Children.
- Making your GP practice paediatric centric.