These workshops will help general practice staff to understand and apply quality improvement activities into their practice. Not only will content be relevant to accreditation and continuing professional development for GP’s, but it will also help practices prepare for the proposed changes to the practice incentive program in 2019.
Key focuses include the use of the PENCAT tool for data quality and population health, as well as QI methods, change ideas and practical applications to get the practice started.
Speakers will include:
NWMPHN staff members and subject matter experts:
- Lisa Taliana – Data Quality in Practice
- Natalie Eykman – Business Development Coordinator
- Gillian Cass – Chronic Disease Management in Practice
Education session 6.30 to 9.00pm
- Use the PENCAT tool to identify a need for change and improve the quality of your practice data
- Demonstrate an understanding of how QI is related to your work in general practice
- Apply QI methods to your change idea
- Implement and sustain QI activities to improve patient outcomes and business development