Key topics will include:
- Principles of a Palliative Approach
- Communication and Advance Care Planning
- Symptom Assessment and Management
- Terminal Phase Care
- Local Service Networks and other resources
- Apply key strategies that will assist in identifying patients who may be approaching the end of life.
- Describe the principles of end of life care including the assessment and management of pain and other common symptoms.
- Implement strategies for communicating with patients and families about prognosis, goals and preferences for care.
- Utilise resources that support general practitioners in providing patients with end of life care.
- Utilise self-care strategies that will assist general practitioners in managing conflicting personal issues.