• improve knowledge and understanding of palliative care issues and treatments;
• increase confidence in working with palliative patients and their carers;
• enable the provision of contemporary, best practice, evidence based palliative care.
The course is facilitated by a highly trained and experienced palliative care Educator.
• palliative symptom assessment and management;
• care of a terminal patient;
• effective communication skills;
• the importance of psychosocial support for patients and carers, and
• cultural considerations at the end of life.
The course is run three times a year, and is suitable for nurses, personal care attendants and health care professionals with an interest in palliative care, whether new to palliative care or wanting to update existing skills and knowledge.