Associate Professor Benjamin Cowie is an infectious diseases physician and epidemiologist, with appointments at The Doherty Institute, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, and the University of Melbourne. Ben has been involved in the development of health public policy in relation to viral hepatitis in Australia and internationally, and in 2015 was named the inaugural Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis at The Doherty Institute.
Dr Nicole Allard is a General Practitioner at cohealth with a clinical and research interest in Viral hepatitis and is a Hepatitis B s100 prescriber,
- Screen at risk patients appropriately
- Plan antiviral treatment for HBV infection
- Utilise treatment protocols for monitoring patients’ responses to HBV antiviral therapy
- Implement shared care between primary and tertiary settings including appropriate referrals
- Develop management plans for patients requiring ongoing monitoring