Allied Health Providers
Mental Health Worker
Continuing Professional Development
Join North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network for this GP management webinar to better prepare yourself to perform a holistic biopsychosocial assessment for patients with chronic pain.
This one-and-half hour chronic pain webinar aims to provide a framework for GPs and allied health practitioners to comprehensively manage patients with chronic pain.
The session will cover:
- managing pharmacological risk of chronic pain patients
- pharmacological options for chronic pain management
- non-pharmacological options for chronic pain management
- identification of patients who would benefit from referral to a tertiary pain service or to community based management.
By the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- recall strategies to reduce pharmacological risk of chronic pain patients
- recall pharmacological options for chronic pain management
- explain the core principles of allied health management of people with chronic pain
- describe the non-pharmacological treatment options are available for people with chronic pain and how to access these.
- identify which patients would benefit from referral to a tertiary pain service or to community based treatment (such as community based pain management groups, exercise group or physiotherapy)
- identify people presenting with high levels of distress and/or psychosocial risk who would benefit from referral to community-based psychology, counselling or other services.
Speaker panel from the - Barbara Walker Centre for Pain Management (St Vincent's Hospital)
Dr Aston Wan – Clinical Director
Dr Amit Ganguly– Lead Pain Physician
Zoe Harper – Senior Physiotherapist
Daisy Aitken – Acting Senior Psychologist