Allied Health Providers
Mental Health Worker
Continuing Professional Development
Join NWMPHN in attending the upcoming GP management webinar to better prepare yourself to perform a holistic biopsychosocial assessment for patients with chronic pain.
This one-and-half hour interactive chronic pain webinar will provide a framework for GPs and allied health professionals to comprehensively assess chronic pain patients using evidence based information, assessment tools and case discussion.
The session will cover information on:
- Biopsychosocial assessment of patients with chronic pain
- The 5 ‘P’s of chronic pain assessment.
- The use of Opioid Risk Tool.
- The multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary pain management team
- Specialist physiotherapy and psychology assessment of patients with chronic pain.
There will be opportunity for discussion and interaction to be facilitated using break out rooms.
- Dr Aston Wan – Clinical Director, Barbara Walker Centre for Pain Management (BWCPM)
- Ms Zoe Harper – Senior Physiotherapist, Barbara Walker Centre for Pain Management (BWCPM)
- Ms Daisy Aitken – Acting Senior Psychologist, Barbara Walker Centre for Pain Management (BWCPM)
By the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Recall the essential framework for a biopsychosocial assessment for chronic pain patients.
- Demonstrate the application of the 5 'P' framework to assess chronic pain patients.
- Recall and use the Opioid Risk Tool for the assessment of chronic pain patients.
- Identify the role of the inter-disciplinary team in the assessment and management of people with chronic pain.
- Apply the core principles involved in a physical, functional and psychological assessment for people with chronic pain