Continuing Professional Development
CPD Points unavailable
This session is for all general practice staff to update their knowledge and skills in infection control in the context of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Topics covered include:
- What should reception staff do?
- Hand hygiene and surface cleaning
- How long is the virus infective for?
- How long do I leave a room empty for after a suspect patient?
- Why do hospital staff appear to wear such extensive PPE when we are not?
- What is the mortality rate and who is most seriously affected?
- What do people die from?
- How long is the patient infectious for?
- Is there subclinical infection?
- Is the person infectious before symptoms appear?
- What treatment is used?
- What actions are you going to take for good infection prevention and control?
- What extra actions are you going to take during this outbreak?
Margaret Jennings is a trained microbiologist and experienced provider of infection prevention and control education to the non-hospital sector.
By the end of this session you will:
- Increase your knowledge of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the context of general practice
- Learn strategies for infection prevention and control to implement in your practice
- Increase your confidence in managing suspected cases