Continuing Professional Development
10 RACGP CPD Activity points available
Created specifically for the unique needs of GPs, this new CPD-accredited and free-of-charge course is designed to empower and equip Victorian GPs in transgender and gender diverse (TGD) primary care.
Co-designed and delivered by leading General Practitioners in the field and TGD health professionals, this initiative has been created to improve health outcomes and access for the trans and gender diverse population across the state.
The course covers cultural literacy, gender affirming hormone therapy prescription and monitoring, fertility preservation, mental health support, cancer screening and much more.
Delivered over 3 weekly Zoom sessions (6:30-8:30pm), this online course combines interactive, didactic, and case-based learning covering topics such as:
- Affirmative Practice & clinical logistics
- Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Surgical options and referral
- Mental health referral and support
- Medicare considerations
- Finding a community of practice
- April/May Cohort: Sessions on April 21, April 28 & May 5