Continuing Professional Development
2 RACGP CPD Points
This webinar is hosted by Epworth Healthcare and will discuss the following.
TOPIC 1: Chronic Pain; a chronic disease that should be managed in a socio-psycho-biomedical framework
Presented by Dr Babak Farr, Rehabilitation and Pain Management Physician
Dr Babak Farr will discuss:
- Limitations of biomedical framework for understanding and management of Chronic pain
- Role of Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation teams in management of Persistent pain
- Considerations in pharmacotherapy.
TOPIC 2: A Physiotherapist’s perspective of working in a multidisciplinary Pain Management Program
Presented by Aidan Davey, Senior Physiotherapist Epworth Camberwell
Aidan Davey will discuss:
- If not stabilising cores, ‘correcting’ postures or teaching people to lift ‘correctly’ then what?
- Aidan will outline some of the commonly held beliefs around back pain which can lead to increased fear and anxiety in patients. Aidan will also discuss some strategies to reframe the conversation around pain and how to ‘unstick’ the ‘stuck’ patient.
The webinar will include case based presentation and will have the opportunity for Q&A.
Dr Babak Farr, Rehabilitation and Pain Management Physician
Aidan Davey, Senior Physiotherapist Epworth Camberwell
- Outline the role of Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation teams in management of persistent pain
- Discuss the role of pharmacotherapy in management of persistent pain
- Identify the role of physiotherapy in a multidisciplinary Pain Management Program