Continuing Professional Development
4 RACGP CPD Points
211 Gertrude Street
Fitzroy VIC 3065
Our panellists will present a prostate cancer case study and discuss the patient's journey from each of their speciality perspectives including PSA testing, risk factors for prostate cancer, different cancer risk categories, when to refer, MRI, biopsy, treatment options and side effects, survivorship and penile rehab.
6:30pm-7:00pm - Registration and dinner
7:00pm-8:45pm - Presentation and panel discussion
8:45pm-9:00pm - Q&A
Dr Jane Crowe, Prostate Cancer GP and Moderator
Mr Phil Dundee, Urological Surgeon
Dr Mario Guerrieri, Radiation Oncologist
Prof Rod Hicks, Nuclear Medicine Physician
Ms Helen Crowe AM, Urology Nurse Practitioner
Register online at https://APC-GP-26-October.eventbrite.com.au or visit
www.australianprostatecentre.org.au and provide the information below:
• First name and last name
• Practice name, suburb and postcode
• Email address
• RACGP number
• Any dietary requirements
Parking and Location
Builders Arms Hotel - 211 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy 3065.
First floor private dining room access via Gore St.
On-street parking available on surrounding streets.
Grace Linehan, Medical Liaison Officer: email@example.com or 0400 976 196.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the risk factors for prostate cancer.
- Determine the GP management of male patients with an elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA) with or without urinary symptoms.
- Discuss the management of male patients with an elevated PSA following referral to a urologist.
- Highlight prostate cancer survivorship concerns that GPs come across in the general practice setting.