- In the event of a patient not having decision making capacity, Medical practitioners will be obliged to make reasonable efforts to locate an Advance Care Directive (ACD) & the patients’ Medical Treatment Decision Maker (MTDM)
- Patients will be able to refuse treatment for conditions they do not currently have.
Learning outcomesThis workshop is suitable for those health professionals who want to know:
- What advance care planning is about.
- How to introduce the subject to other people.
- How to assist people with advance care planning decisions.
- How to complete the advance care planning documents.
- Information about the Medical Treatment Planning & Decisions Act 2016 which commenced 12 March 2018