CAREinMIND Wellbeing Support Service
$200,000 per annum
30 June 2018
All suburbs within NWMPHN
The Commonwealth Government has funded PHNs to plan for, and commission, primary mental health from 1 July 2016, guided by the Commonwealth mental health stepped model of care. Much of the funding is quarantined to ensure continuity of care while a localised service system response is developed. Additional funding is available to start innovative activity this financial year, including funding for people experiencing low intensity mental illness/ vulnerability.
Low intensity mental illness is characterised by:
- Mild symptoms of anxiety and depressive illnesses with some impact or potential impact on functioning.
- Stress and life circumstance related thoughts, feelings and behaviours that have a slight impact on functioning.
- Care is voluntary, with no need for a diagnosis or formal referral.
North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network has commissioned On the Line to deliver the CAREinMIND Wellbeing Support Service.
On the Line is a social health business, supporting and counselling people, anywhere and anytime. They listen and encourage people to feel better: building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support.
On the Line is a national provider of some of Australia’s most vital and trusted services including MensLine Australia, Suicide Call Back Service and SuicideLine Victoria.
The CAREinMIND Wellbeing Support Service provides free phone and online counselling service that is now available to help people in north, central and western suburbs of Melbourne.
The service provides flexible, immediate support to those who need it the most, including hard-to-reach, vulnerable populations and those that are socially disadvantaged.
Professionally trained counsellors are available 24/7 to listen, support and encourage patients to connect with others and improve their wellbeing.
The service provides an initial intake and assessment session, and where appropriate up to three counselling and support services with a final follow up session to help clients stay on track.
No referral is needed. Visit careinmind.com.au or phone 1300 096 269.
Based on the Commonwealth Guidance to PHNs this service has been designed to:
- Be available to people residing in the North Western Melbourne PHN region.
- Provide structured brief interventions aimed at people with low to mild mental illness.
- Provide an efficient, evidence-based and low-cost alternative to other available psychological services.
- Provide between one and three sessions.
- Not require a referral but ideally will include liaison with a GP general practitioner (GP) in the person’s overall health and mental health care.
- Link to other providers in North Western Melbourne, as required, to ensure people get the right care for their needs.
- Align with national mental health standards.
- Promote recovery and align with the National Framework for Recovery Oriented Mental Health Services 2013.