Tailored for General Practitioners and Pharmacists.
4 Category 2 points apply.
- An overview of training requirements for providing medical termination of pregnancy.
- An update on MTOP procedures, practice experiences, and support and referral pathways for GPs who provide MTOP
MTOP is the preferred method of termination of nearly 50 per cent of women worldwide who experience an unwanted pregnancy. The procedure is as simple and safe as a surgical termination. However, despite the legal status of abortion in Victoria there remains limited access to MTOP.
Dr. Paddy Moore is the clinical head of the Choices Clinic at the Royal Women’s Hospital, Melbourne. Dr Moore is a New Zealand medical school graduate who has completed post graduate Obstetrics and Gynaecology in NZ, Scotland and Melbourne. She is a member of RANZCOG. Dr. Moore’s main career interests are young women’s health, sexual health and family planning.
Tabitha Baca is the Operations and Projects Officer at MS Health and manages the MS2-Step registration process. Tabitha will present an overview on the site and certification process to become an MS2-Step prescriber.
- Recall the training requirements for providing Medical Termination of Pregnancy.
- Describe the Medical Termination of Pregnancy procedures.
- Explain the benefits of the referral pathways for GPs who provide Medical Termination of Pregnancy for their patients.