Purpose of the network:
- Bring together interdisciplinary practitioners and service providers who have a shared interest in youth mental health
- Create new opportunities for local professional development in the understanding and treatment of youth mental health issues
- Discuss how services and individual practitioners can work collaboratively together to meet the needs of young people and their families/carers
- Strengthen professional relationships and enhance referral pathways between local practitioners and services
- The network will meet quarterly in Footscray, initially online– venue/s to be advised.
Who may benefit from being involved?
All practitioners with a professional interest in youth mental health, including:
- General practitioners
- Mental health nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Peer workforce (consumers and carers)
- Art, dance and music therapists
- Creative arts therapists
- Youth and community workers
- Family support workers
- Other professionals providing mental health and related care to young people and their families and carers
How to join:
Complete this form to register your interest.
By registering your interest you will be added to the membership list for this network and will receive a notification once the first meeting has been arranged.
Contact MHPN Project Officer, Jeanne Triol at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
With the Mental Health Professionals Network.
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Mental Health Professionals Network. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.