In a national first, all 31 Primary Health Networks have joined with the Mental Health Professionals’ Network (MHPN) to produce an exciting webinar series targeted to the workforce who support the mental health of older Australians, a priority for the Commonwealth Government.
Practitioners who work with older Australians are invited to join in these professional development activities.
The initiative will promote the value of interdisciplinary, collaborative care practice amongst practitioners in their treatment and support of older Australians. It includes three webinars and the establishment and support of special interest older persons MHPN local networks and will focus on:
- The impact of loneliness, grief and social isolation on the psychological wellbeing of older Australians.
- The particular needs of regional, rural and remote communities.
- Those older Australians being supported to live in the community.
- The engagement of General Practitioners and the extended primary care team.
- The importance of a holistic approach to care and support.
- How to support and strengthen the stepped care model.
The first webinar ‘Primary Care, Older Persons and Mental Health’ will broadcast on Wednesday, 22 July. To find out more and register follow this link.
In a complementary initiative, MHPN will launch its new podcast program in August. The first two episodes of the Ageing Well: adjusting to life transitions podcast series, will focus on the older years. More details will soon be released on mhpn.org.au