This upcoming Heart Week (2-8 May) presents an opportunity for health professionals and the Australian public to start a conversation about heart health and take steps to reduce their risk of heart disease. We are encouraging GPs, nurses and general practice staff to deliver Heart Health Checks for more eligible Australians.
With one Australian suffering from a heart attack or stroke every 4 minutes, you and your general practice teams have the power to change this statistic by focusing on simple, routine practices that have a measurable lifesaving impact.
We encourage you and your general practice networks to get ready for Heart Week by visiting the Heart Foundation’s Heart Week webpage to:
• Download your Heart Week digital promotional pack here
• Order your print promotional pack
• Make a splash for Heart Week at your practice and enter our competition
• Register and tune in for our Heart Week clinical webinar on the latest evidence on cholesterol management
• Use the Heart Health Check Toolkit to plan and implement Heart Health Checks
• Spread the word to your community and network.
We are also hosting a clinical webinar: Lipid lowering landscape – New and emerging treatment approaches
- Date: Wednesday 4 May 2022
- Where: Online (Zoom)
- Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm AEST
- Accreditation: This webinar has been accredited by the RACGP for 2 CPD points (Activity no. 337635).
We look forward to seeing you and your teams embrace Australia’s national heart health awareness week.
Look out for new resources and information released in the lead up to and during Heart Week.
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Heart Foundation. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.