The Department of Health and Aged Care (the Department) is seeking expressions of interest (EOIs) from clinical professionals, researchers, and service delivery and consumer experts to fill seven vacancies on the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), commencing 1 July 2023.
ATAGI provides evidence-based advice on immunisation policies, programs and priorities to the Australian Government Minister for Health and Aged Care, including through the Department.
• providing technical input to policy development through epidemiological reviews, promotion of research, and assessment of the evidence for vaccination programs;
• providing advice to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) in fulfilling its functions as set out in the National Health Act 1953, with respect to vaccines;
• producing the Australian Immunisation Handbook, meeting requirements set out by the NHMRC;
• providing technical advice to support effective implementation and communication of the National Immunisation Program (NIP); and
• identifying knowledge gaps and providing advice to national funding bodies on priorities for research to inform immunisation policy.
Expertise is sought in the following areas:
• Clinical professionals including areas such as immunology, infectious diseases (paediatric and adult), public health, immunosuppression in adults, maternal immunisation and pathology;
• Researchers including disciplines supporting the assessment of vaccines and their use in the population, including epidemiology, modelling of infectious diseases, the behavioural factors impacting vaccine uptake, health technology assessment, and systematic reviews of evidence;
• Immunisation service delivery experts including expertise in general practice, nurse immunisation, immunisation for First Nations people, and immunisation for culturally and linguistically diverse populations; and
• Consumer perspectives and/or the social and community aspects of immunisation programs.
Candidate packages are available from ATAGI.Secretariat@health.gov.au and include information on the selection criteria and requirements.
Applications must be received by close of business (AEST) on 22 February 2023 to ATAGI.Secretariat@health.gov.au
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Australian Department of Health and Aged Care. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.